Posts Tagged ‘Confederacy’
2. Get away with wearing the same outfit more than 24 hrs. by adding small touches like this Hold Fast Necklace.
4. Consolidate your mess with this Robert Geller shoulder bag.
5. Stand out from the skinny jeans clad with this Rag & Bone belt.
In lieu of this Sunday’s Jenni Kayne trunk show we’ve tapped her brain to find out which are her favorites from the 2010 Spring/Fall collection.
For Spring, it’s definitely the Bandage Bootie. It’s comfortable. It’s elastic. And I love the snake detail on the heel.
Our inspiration for the Fall collection was a bit Equestrian and the Back Lace Wedge fits that vibe the most. I can take them from day to night easily and they stand out from the regular pair of heels.
Hope to see your lovely faces at the Trunk Show on Sunday, but if you can’t make it, you can buy it ONLINE from 1p-5p on Sunday.
I was so unsatisfied with the various Best Dressed of the Decade lists I’ve been seeing I decided to make my own. I based the list on mostly memory – outfits that had stood in my mind through the years, that I had gone out and tried to recreate for myself in some way or if I had torn the photo of the outfit out of a magazine or dragged it onto my desktop to save for later inspiration. In choosing, I kept in mind the entire look – from hair & makeup to accessories to the right tan (or lack thereof). I kept in mind the relevance of the outfit based on the time and event that it was worn to – whether it captured a moment in time, a moment in fashion, or as some sort of subtle statement on the part of the particular wearer. And since it broke my heart to narrow it down to just 100, we said what the heck, its our list and we make the rules – so 105 it is! Can’t wait to see what everyone will wear this decade!!
**Press the box in the corner on the right to move the slideshow to full screen.
**Move your mouse over the photo to display the name of the subject.
Are you feeling the pressure yet? There are three days left before Channakah, 9 Days left until Christmas, and 10 days left until Kwanzaa. Either way you should probably get your gifting strategy together sooner than later, because while gifting is a GIFT that you either born with or you’re not…..you can luckily still learn it if you pay attention. We aim to help you out here. Here are some guidelines to dodge someone returning your gift, or chucking it, or WORSE…..re-gifting it back to you years later. (DAD!….NOT OK…)
- Candles, Soaps, Perfumes, Cologne, Books, Shaving products, Gift Certificates *cough*at Confederacy*cough**cough* and everything else that you don’t really need to try on is your safest bet. Loose fitting sweaters and dresses, and scarves go into this too. Sunglasses shoes, and pretty much anything that needs to be sized or matched with the shape of someones face? DANGER!
- Men: No matter how cool the vacuum cleaner/wire trash can/benign household cleaning item is DON’T buy it for her. We don’t want to suggest that all she should be doing is cleaning house. The image associated to the gift is important. Laundry products from the Laundress are different because they help maintain the clothes in the best way. The Wool and Cashmere Shampoo is great for all of our precious sweaters. Ladies want to look/feel/smell amazing. Any gifts that help facilitate that is a WIN!
- If you have one of those friends that don’t seem to give any indication of stuff they like, just give them something YOU like that has some broad appeal. Who doesnt like picture books or gift certificates? No one.
- Ladies: Don’t buy him socks, sweaters or underwear. That’s mommy’s job!!! Cuff links! Fancy shaving products and soap and things like that he wouldn’t think of on his own is good.
- The best gifts can always include some element of surprise. Like if you bought him a TV you could hide the remote in a stocking or write directions to where you’ve hid the gift in your home….or at some place you guys both like. Don’t hide anything in his/her food! Choking or tooth chipping might take place and that isnt a good co-gift!
- Gadgets are good. For men and women. Have you seen the new iPod shuffle? It’s little! Day-glo colored computer mice, Even though bluetooths are cheesy they are always useful. Especially if you live in LA.
- As far as technology is concerned, there are so many fabulous developments every year that it is good to regress back to handmade things. Gifts involving knitting, and gardening (as long as they look super cute) are good gifts.
- For heavens sake WRAP the gifts….You can wrap a gift in almost anything, wrapping paper, newspaper, tissue paper, packing paper…and cloth! Here is a cool wrapping idea from Readymade Magazine